Re: Bizzare

Mr. Singh, are you mad!?

The original Ram Mandir which stood on the birthplace of Lord Ram was torn
down my Babar, who subscribed to the same brand of ideology as the Taliban,
and he then built a Mosque on the same spot as a victory monument.

Babar's destruction of thousands of temples is quite graphically described
in Babarnama, which was written by Babar's own court historian.  For
example, it says "lakhs and lakhs of infidels were sent to hell" in
describing the destruction of temples and murder of Hindus in Varanasi.

Guru Nanak has also written an eye witness account of the destruction that
Babar wrought on India.

Here's what V.S. Naipaul had to say of the Babri "Majid" demolition:

"I'd call it an act of historical balancing. The mosque built by
Babar was an act of contempt. He was no lover of India. It's
universally accepted that Babar despised India, the Indian people and their
faith."

The only way the two incidents would be comparable is if Buddhist invaders
had destroyed a mosque and built the Buddha statues in its place.

Secondly, the VHP did not just issue an edict and destroy the Babri mosque.
The VHP was negotiating with the BMAC for years and even offered to move the
mosque brick by brick to an adjacent location, in full accordance with the
tenets of Islam.  While I don't agree that the Babri mosque should have been
destroyed by force - one must ask why did the BMAC not show any sympathy for
the sentiments of a large number of Hindus (admittedly not all)?

As for offering to bring the Buddha home - you have no clue what you're
talking about!  This was in the context of the small statues, relics, and
museum artifacts that could be readily transported.  In fact western museums
offered to buy the artifacts but for some bizzare reason the Taliban
refused.

Raju