Re: Bombing Iraq or bombing Saddam

Padmanabha Rao wrote:

> -.......... I think the USA colonises people. But it's a weird
> country whose military seems to be at odds with the values the citizens
> hold and that is confusing for policy.

you're assuming that policy is formulated based on the will and values
of the citizens- i.e. that it is a representative democracy.

> Either they are fooling us bigtime
> or its the biggest dictatorship we can see. Either way that will need
> resolution.

in practice, democracies are only partially representative-
the US is no exception. as elsewhere, government policy is
usually formulated to benefit those who make the policy
[read: the holders of power and privlege].