Re: Power Sector Deals

Thanks to Manish Gupta, I now know the guidelines on axes. It would have
been better if those guidelines were explicitly posted somewhere and
followed for everyone.
(remember Kanwal Rakhi article being posted here with a one liner by some
one)

I also noticed that Mr.Manish Gupta  doesn't like slander against BJP/RSS or
those other t***.

I ask what is the point in being polite?. When Mr.Sanjay called us all
leftist, that was not name calling?.

Oh! please spare us your divine intervention. and who gave you that
permission?.

Yes BJP and the whole lot of Sena's are  thugs and will drive us into dark
ages, while there supporters and relatives live in comfortable foreign
lands. What hypocrisy?

Now, the following is very important for the discussion on FDI.

In an controlled and semi-open business environment like India, FDI with
contracts can cause a lots of pain to the average Indian while the Babus,
and netas thrive on ill-gotten wealth.

Each FDI deal signed involves tons of bribes to anybody who is a  Peon right
upto the Political czars.

How many crores of poor Indian tax payers money is spent on these stupid and
crazy deals, and in buying rust buckets from Russia (the Aircraft carrier
deal).

excerpts from an article that appeared on Poweronline.com written by Tim
Sharp.
That makes Enron’s prices commensurately more burdensome to Maharashtrans, a
real back-breaker. Don’t believe me? Fellas, Indian per capita vehicle
ownership is roughly 0.9% that of the U.S., per capita overall energy
consumption 3.7%. There’s no way they can pay Dabhol’s prices.

But that isn’t the real breaker. See, if Enron hangs really tough, enforces
the contract all the way down, the power developer will simply be seen as a
latter-day colonialist, which is already occurring. Enron’s gonna have to
move fast and generous if it wants to shed that reputation.

Don’t worry. India knows all about this—much, much better than anyone else.
It has seen foreigner after foreigner over several centuries walk in and rip
it off courtesy of the foreigner’s contracts. This type of behavior is
called exploitation—to put it bluntly.