Re: ..what an ordinance !...

Nice to see a proposal being put out by the government and not by the
Supreme
Court in response to a PIL as has been the fashion of late.

Will things change though, I am not sure. What use is a new law if the
same
old law breakers are to keep it. Let's see. But the government is waking
up
to this problem not a a day too soon.

In a message dated 2/6/01 11:39:50 PM Central Standard Time,
param@lucent.com
writes:

<< Glad to see another worthier ordinance in the making.Hope it is
 thoroughly
 implemented.
 I am sure our members hope exactly for same or similar rules from those

 at
 the helm of affairs.
 Thought I could share this with you that positive thinking is on the
 'rise'.

 Parameswar

 > http://www.expressindia.com/news/daily/20010206/00604101.htm
 >
 > Tuesday, February 6, 2001
 > Govt to ban tobacco sponsorship, public smoking
 > NEW DELHI: The government said on Tuesday it would ban smoking in
 public
 > places and the sponsorship of sporting events by tobacco firms in a
 bid to
 > lower cigarette-related deaths. The government also announced plans
 for
 > legislation to end sponsorship of cultural events by cigarette and
 tobacco
 > product companies. The measures were aimed at cutting the large
number
 of
 > premature deaths in India from smoking and arm the government to
 launch an >>