Re: Democratic political funding....

It does not require methods with are more than
what normal membership based democratic organisations
practice, like canvasing & issuing membership, electing
the office bearers to run the organisation, and pay a
reasonable money to the office bearers for time and
effort they put in to run the organisation. Some basic
by law's that does not allow the office bearers more
than 2 terms at the same level of organisation etc...

All the major political parties in India has
democratic framework, the *democratic part* is not
working because, their membership fee is too low to
sustain the democratic process, this works to the
*convenience* of *vested* interests!

I have put in the point, membership based
democratic movement will work because it will
empower, motivate people, it will allow them to
select/elect their leaders. People are ready to
invest reasonable amount of money if that will
bring them benefit.

Now let us hear your and JP's view, why membership
fee based democratic organisation will not work in
India?

MV.

> Further discussions between MV and JP are placed below, for general
info.
> believe this topic needs greater discussion. I still tend to agree
with JP
> on this. MV: please point out the specific methods by which you can
raise