Re: An India Response

Sanjai I can't believe you talk as if we live in an A.I world!?
As of now, on earth, it is still humans who write, install, operate and
maintain software.

Technology helps the honest and dishonest equally.
If I can pay corrupt (govt)sys-admin a few bucks and get a few passwords
can
I not commit a insanely larger (and less detectable/traceable) fraud
than
the relatively self- limiting pre tech ways?

Instead of regurgitating your stale rhetoric like a stuck record, why
don't
you help outline a foolproof system. that is what I am trying to figure
out
how to do.

Rakesh Raju

> > Technology is inherently neither good nor bad.
> > Therefore if introduced into the current administrative apparatus
> > I fear that it would help automate corruption.
> >
> > -Rakesh
>

> Now how is a computer going to "automate corruption" if corruption is
> committed by human beings, and computers remove human beings from the
loop?
> The "ghost in the machine" perhaps?
>
> See, this is what I mean by people talking about corruption in
mystical
and
> superstitious terms, rather than analyzing logically and rationally.
This
is
> called chasing shadows.
>
> Leftist activists are always looking for new ways to perpetuate the
same
old
> arguments, using newer idioms. The reality is that computers are more
> efficient, cannot be lazy, and allow Indians to divert themselves into

more