dreams come true ?

Dear Friends,

This should be an All-India phenomena. I am Glad to share this positive
note
with ipi members.

> http://www.deccan.com/headlines/template.shtml#Separate bins take
stink
> off garbage
>
> Separate bins take stink off garbage
>
> Vijayawada, Feb. 5: Winds of change are blowing in the State's garbage

> disposal circles. The next time you throw the garbage out, three types
of
> bins will offer a choice: Green, white and black.The green bins are
for
> biodegradable wastes, white for recyclable ones and black for other
> rubbish. The task of setting up of separate garbage bins has been
> entrusted to municipal bodies across the State including Nagar
> Panchayats.The move follows a Union government notification on cleaner
and
> healthier atmosphere in the country. Under the new rules, municipal
bodies
> will have to arrange for garbage disposal through covered trucks and
treat
> it in specific plants.The Andhra Pradesh State Pollution Control
Board's
> schedule says waste processing and disposal facilities should be set
up by
> December 31, 2003. According to Somi Reddy, joint chief environmental
> engineer of Pollution Control Board, Vijayawada zone, civic bodies
have to
> improve existing landfill sites by the end of this year. New landfill
> sites will have to be identified on or before December 31, 2002.
Disposal
> of waste has become a major problem in the State. Vijayawada alone
> produces around 450 tonnes of garbage every day. According to an
estimate,
> the daily solid waste output in the State is 10,000 tonnes and much of
it
> goes untreated, causing water and atmospheric pollution.The new rules
say
> municipal bodies shall organise house-to-house collection of solid
waste,
> devise collection of waste from slums, squatter areas and hospitals.
The
> waste should not be burnt.The municipal body must establish storage
> facilities which do not lead to unhygienic conditions.

...while shooting off emails to MPs and central-ministers to draw
attention
to my web site (www.aesthetixforindia.com), while corresponding and
getting
acknowledgements from CM's office (AP) regarding the same, I was hoping
for
some thing like this MUST come in our urban life.May not be due to my
mails
alone, mae be for many more good reasons this is happening.It only helps
cheer us up to see one day, garbage handling revolutionised in India.

Parameswar