Re: Mr. Aggarwal, please try to be scientific

>    I sincerely share Dr. Roy's concerns about the projected revenues
of
>$50
>billion dollars.
>
>    Point No 1: Mr Aggarwal, in an earlier reply said that the figure
of
>$50
>billion dollars is based on the current growth rate of 50%. How can an
>estimate be that simple ? We don't need McKinsey's for that. Can I
apply
>that simple rule to other sectors, say textiles ? No, you cannot. We
not
>only have to consider the external competition, but our abilities to
meet
>that. Like, the quality of engineers, the management, govt policies and
so
>on.

I never said the current 50% growth rate was projected to last forever
or
even till 2008.  As I said in an ealier reply, if that were to happen
the
export target for 2008 would be much greater than $50 billion.  To
repeat,
the $50 billion target takes into consideration many opportunities and
threats and assumes the growth rate will slow significantly over the
next 8
years. Why don't you read the 12 page Study Highlights for yourself,
genious?

>     Point No 2: About the quality of our engineers. Mr. Arun Mehta was

>right
>in this regard. Please do not quote and believe the likes of John
Chambers
>and Gates. Standing on Indian soil, they can only say that we are
second to
>none.

They are not saying we are second to none because they are standing on
Indian soil.  They are standing on Indian soil because they believe we
are
second to none.  Think about it, India accounts for less than 2% of
their
revenues.  Why would they visit India in the first place?  Why don't
they
stand on Pakistani or Malaysian soil and make such statements? When Bill

Gates visited India without visiting Pakistan, the Pakistani newspapers
wrote that this reflected how far India had surpassed Pakistan in IT.
Why do you think the Bill Gates, John Chambers and the like are coming
India in the first place, my friend?

Look at those half-baked students, being churned out by the most
>lucrative industry in India, the engineering colleges. Mr. Agarwal,
look at
>the computer science departments. They have the infrastructure, but no
>faculty. Don't tell me that industry trains them.

This isssue is being addressed. It will take time but their are several
strategies that are being pursued which should address this issue. See
the
IT Task Force Initiative that I posted earlier.

That takes us to the issue
>of the IT managers
>
>     I had the misfortune of working for TCS, once upon a time.
The less said about the quality of TCS, the better. What do you expect
from
a company that doesn't even offer an ESOP.

Believe me,
>it was such a frustrating experience. It is run like a grocery store.
It is
>the case with many companies. You have to be part of that to see how
rotten
>it is. Many companies, adhere to quality by completing the paper work
and
>nothing else. There is so much to write about. Ofcourse, this is not to
say
>that, we are incapable of some excellent work. We are yet to have
>visionaries and I am only highlighting the current state.
>
>     About the news that TCS, Wipro and Infosys plan to outsource
coding
>and
>maintenance work to china. How ridiculous ? The US or european
companies
>will then go to china. Why will they have to do it through WIPRO or TCS
?
>Such talk is devoid of any merit. 'Made in China' is a better brand
than
>WIPRO or TCS.
>
>     We succeeded in this out sourcing work because of the low entry
>barriers. That can be our undoing, if we are complacent. Dewang
Mehta's,