Re: US-India Washington Times article FYI

[Message from Moderator: I was not able to open the attachments as they did
not come to me as an attachment, instead they came in as part of the
message body (technically speaking MIME conversion did not take place
properly), I tried to fix the things, but later I realised that it'd be
easier to ask Capt. Khankhoje to resend these articles in text format, so
would Capt. Khankhoje resend these articles please]

Hello Dr Subrato Roy,
I had wanted the issue of nuclear -proliferation / CTBT etc to be debated in
this forum prior to Clintons visit. Some of the issues came through but the
most important thing that has still to occur is a full scale debate at the
national level between / within the state on the nuclear issue. I had
forwarded the following article for debate on the IPc but have not heard
from the forum at all. I am amazed that we do not want to debate this issue
in real earnest - as I see that neither of the national-dailies have cared
to respond to my article on this subject. I am attaching two articles to
this write up & would request members to give these topics wide publicity &
generate the requisite interaction. Also I had forwarded this article to the
newYork times on the day prior to the President's visit but I am not certain
if it even saw the 'print' / light of the day in the 'foreign-land'. Would
be grateful if any of the forum members gave me a feed-back on that aspect
too.
Bye & hope to hear from you wise men staying abroad.
--------CAPT KIRAN KHANKHOJE Indian Navy (Retd)