Median Voter Model

>I propose a different model: on a ideological spectrum the elected
Government
>and its institutions under the so called "free" elections would fluctuate
about
>point A and Point B.
>
>Anyhow, on the same spectrum

-- yes, you have re-discovered the Median Voter Model in public choice
theory....
on any issue, imagine the electorate to be e.g. "normally distributed"
between Right and Left positions.... he who wins the median voter wins the
election..

Subroto Roy

the liberals or academic pontiffs or whatever