Common defence, market, J&K with Pak

I am sorry to take up your e-space with this but I merely intended to
pass on the NYT article on India's nuclear policy to IPI members; it was
sloppy of me to not make clear I have nothing to do with it other than
that.   It does not represent my opinion in any way.  It was something
which reached my mailbox.

My own thought is that we need a joint India-Pak nuclear defence.   It
is absurd nonsense for India and Pak to aim nuclear weapons at each
other.  The radioactivity from one side would kill people on the other.

As I have said in print, the only long-term solution is in the formula
Common Defence, Common Market, Common J&K -- in that order, implemented
over say 5 years.

Subroto Roy.