Re: More on Left, Right; and Liberal Economists

> >Economists should NOT be interpreting the will of the people. That > >is
> >not what they are trained and equipped for.
> >All they must do (and are capable of doing) is to lay down the >immutable
> >laws of economics

Economics is no different than atmospheric science, geo science, physics,
mathematics, etc.  By my statement that social sciences would serve humanity
better by interpreting the "will of the people" I didn't mean that in an
anthropic sense.  It should be a purely scientific effort.  Hence, my answer to
you is that yes Economists are "equiped" to do exactly this and I hope they are
by no means trained for it!!

Sincerely,
Vamsi M.