RE: Military training

Not in schools perhaps because most of India does not go to school. But
certainly two years or even one in a selected place/camp whatever. If we had
it universal from age 16/18 to 20 it would be a great place for
rural-urban,rich-poor, low high caste, and multi-religious contacts and
building of understanding. I don't think military training is best though
some discipline is a must and training in peace corps type stuff which would
help villages and towns have a volunteer force. But this is an expensive
proposition. It means having millions of people being paid a stipend for two
years and also being kitted out, housed and fed. But it is my opinion that
the cost benefit in terms of social good would come out on the plus side.

Maja Daruwala