RE: Military training

Military training is good. Enrolment for such training should soon acquire a
sought after activity.
They need not be given guns to be kept at home permenantly.For one who is
trained in miltary,
> it is beleived prejudices like cast, region, language, religion seem petty
> which are now a drag
> on every front .Nation building starts here .
> It has become fashion to avoid singing even National Anthem soon after one
> enters
> college as it is not manadatory. It has been fashion to follow communism
> etc in some regions about
> a decade or two ago and be callous about any thing National !.The
> Nationalism became a spirit
confined to some selected groups and parties !
What they are supposed to learn in Military training or border training is
descipline and hardwork,
brotherhood, sovereignity etc. This list is long . Not that always it starts
and ends in firing skills.
 It is a must now to make it mandatory to participate in not just 100 hrs,
> but about 500 hrs / 3 months before completing Graduation in the current
> situation of absence of
patriotism, callousness, and little respect for National anthem like things
.
Pl site me one college in India where every one whole heartedly sings
anthem, just an example,
just as they did in school up to 10 th standard .

> But economics come in to picture. It may not be easy to handle all
> students of all universities when it is made
> manadatory. But atleast it can be made Optional, on payment to some
> extent, and award some special points for the
> Military/Border Training for one passing out of university.
>  Enrolment for such training should soon acquire a sought after activity,
> or even Fashion , but for a positive result.
It shall also be something coupled with plantation program, social services
like participating in mass literacy programs,
cleaning up environment .So far it has been only voluntary. But to induce
incentive, it shall carry some marks before
coming off the campus.