RE: Military training

Exactly same thing I was telling some time back when I just entered ipi,
reagrding when some one rised law and order problem. It has become fashion
to avoid singing National Anthem soon after one enters
college as it is not manadatory. It has been fashion to follow communism etc
in some regions about a decade or two ago.Yes it is a must now to make it
mandatory to participate in not just 100 hrs,
but about 500 hrs / 3 months before completing Graduation.
But economics come in to picture. It may not be easy to handle all students
of all universities when it is made manadatory. But atleast it can be made
optional, on payment to some extent, and award some special points for the
Military/Border Training. Enrolment for such training should soon acquire a
sought after activity, or even
Fashion , but for a positive result.

Nation building starts there . For one who is trained in miltary, it is
beleived prejudices like cast, region, language, religion
seem petty which are now a drag on every front . Most important.. politics
should be banned in Campuses.They do not need to learn about principles of
democracy in a practical way, stabbing ech other or working for political
goons as hench men .Probably they may form a single students union,
particular to that campus/college to represent their grievances to
management and that union , not affiliated to any normal political party.

Parameswar