Re: Military training

Considering India's population, mandatory training would involve a great
expense. In a country where a vast majority of the schools, are run from
temporary structures, funds can be better spent on improving school
facilities.

At present the National Cadet Corps provide basic military training to the
youth in our schools and colleges. While not mandatory, it provides the
interested youth, a window into the disciplined military life.

IMO considering our financial resources, the NCC is quite adequate.

                                                 Ajay K
                                                 Mangalore