Re: [Srinath's demand driven model and IT]

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000 vamsi@siliconcorp.com wrote:

 Yes, now I understand this trivial assertion but is IT sector in India
 demand-driven?  Why or why not?

It isn't, for the sheer reason that whatever demand exists for the
IT-related skills/knowledge is largely from the EXPORT sector than from
the local economy; in this sense, the IT-sector here would be posited as
an island sector when one considers a demand-driven Indian economy....but
this is only when we assume a ill-globalised world economy, which
is the current dispensation.

Rao