Talk is cheap, what else does IPI do?

No, I don't speak from a moral high ground, cuz I haven't done myself
anything more then just talking. I also do not denounce the idea of good
talk (would prefer debates focused on specific issues though), because even
talking keeps this community of people somehow engaged.

The reason I write this message is my conversation with Priyo Goswami of New
York/New Jersey who called me up yesterday and raised pretty much the same
questions that we revisit pretty much every year.

What is relevant here is whether we are doing anything other then engaging
in talk. I thought we were going to get the draft manifesto circulated to
the Universities and citizens group across the nation and get them involved
in policy debate. At one point this thing seemed to pick momentum, but then
I don't know what happened.

Anything else anybody has in mind while staying engaged in this forum?

I ask these questions because somebody needs to. I know at least a few
people who were keen to participate in what IPI claimed to be aiming to do,
but then after seeing not much direction or progress on any front, they are
turning away.

I accept my inability to contribute much to this forum, and while I believe
the fate of this organization should not rest on the failure of one or the
other individual to contribute, all of us who care, need to stay focused and
keep doing what we can to make sure IPI delivers some results, or else we
are not going to be able to attract too many people to our fold, and the
crusade that we love to talk about, would be meaningless.

Let us do something for a change while we keep on talking...

Umesh