RE:The Subroto Roy monograph

http://www.indiapolicy.org/lists/india_policy/2000/Mar/msg00074.html

An excellent excellent piece. Frankly,it taught me a lot about our own
history, minor details about which I was not aware, such as "...the
'Communal Award' by the British Government in 1932, ...for  'Depressed
Classes' ..."
Finally, looking at the proposals that Professor Roy makes, may be, the
generalities are justified in the paper which covers a very wide scope of
things. However, for the purposes of discussion and IPI manifesto, I would
urge Professor Roy to comment on his specific proposals and give his
opinions on specific functions such as judiciary, police system reform and
on education system reform, as in some or all of these issues, Professor Roy
seems to have taken a stand in this paper even though he has remained silent
when these issues were proposed or debated in the IPI.
Thank You.

Umesh Tiwari