Re: On Indo-China

I have a question about our (proposed?) China policy: What, exactly, is it
that we are deterring the Chinese against?

We need to analyze Chinese foreign policy objective(s) in our region
of interest based on evidence and facts and then compare them to our
objectives (which need to be defined first) in this region. Then, we can
decide where there is potential for friction and devise means to mitigate
it.

Any decision to deploy a nuclear deterrent against China must be based
on this analysis. We should view a nuclear deterrent as a
(military) means to a (political) end, the end being: to harmonize Chinese
interests with ours.

Abhijit Sarkar