Re:

>"Dr.SubrotoRoy" wrote:
>
>Dear Dr Sabhlok,
>
>I have received the enclosed from Mr. Charu Dutt,who is an IIT KGP alumnus
>and who was the one who had asked you for your opinion of our Institute
>after you visited me here a few weeks ago.

may i gently once again assert that i had asked about the *response*
of the iit-kgp students to a talk on political economy
[see text of my original post below], *not* for an opinion of the
institute.as both Subroto and Sanjeev are representing.
my original question still remains unanswered.

as i have stated earlier, Sanjeev's impressions of the institute are
not surprising to me, 25 years ago i got the same first impression, but i
also came to learn that there was more than meets the eye of a casual
observer- in the quality of the people.

charu