Re: It can happen only in Air India,the Government owned Airlines

Most shocking news but not entirely unexpected.  This is
the malady, this lack of social responsibility and
conscience at all levels of our society that
cumulatively erodes our strength as a society.
Corruption is a only a by-product of this total lack of
care and apathy towards the welfare of our fellow
citizens, but its roots are much deeper and widespread.
I believe that Over the past several decades our
education goals have been severely compromised creating
people with meaningless degrees and attendant arrogance
and hypocrisy but no leaders with vision,integrity and
moral strength.  I suppose, as the Italian saying
goes "fish first rots at the head", our degradation
begins at the top level of governance and permeates down
to the bottom level. Leaders can only motivate by
example and in our unfortunate land that remains a
profound contradiction.  I have often wondered at what
point the law of diminishing returns would set in for
these people, who live like kings, at what level these
politicians and leaders would acknowledge to themselves
that we have stolen enough, far more than generations
could spend and may be, just may be, it is time to put
some stiches in the tattered clothes of our mother
India.  I have had the occassion to speak to some of
these so-called leaders both in business and politics
and I was appalled at their total lack of vision, sense
of history and their unconcealable ordinariness. We are
ruled by jackals and knaves and perhaps we deserve it
because we are really no better. They reflect what we
have become, passive, narrow-minded and compromisable
moral standards. My father was a freedom fighter against
the Brits and I still recall from my younger days how
refreshing it was to see the fire in his eyes when he
talked about their new India. What happened to this
fire, this sheer patriotism that no longer influence our
psyche.  I recognize proudly that at certain levels we
are kicking ass, some important work is being done
sporadically at certain levels and there are some fine
minds I noticed following these discourses but where is
the tide that lifts all boats? Who will spread the seas
and lead us to the promised land?  I look forward with
great hope that someday that will happen.

I believe IPI has been playing a great role in achieving
these objectives at least preparing the mindset, but I
also believe that it has do more, tangibly.  in the
Eastern United States, those of us that follow the
debates remain excited about these possibilities and
would do whatever we can to advance these goals. It is
however my conviction that we have to get involved
politically and dirty our hands.  May be then finally
the cows would come home.
--
Sincerely,

Priyo