Kindly end this discussion for something constructive

Dr Sabhlok has acknowledged he may have spoken hastily.    I think the
matter should be allowed to rest at that, and we should move onto something
constructive on which IIT Kharagpur and VGSOM specifically require the help
of all at India Policy Institute.

Namely, between March 24-26 2000 we are holding a new "Technology Festival",
a part of which involves a panel discussion on the subject "India's
Information Technology Industry: Reducing Hype and Facing Reality".

We are trying to get a high-powered panel together.  We also have made a
small start to making this an ongoing discussion on the Internet and there
is a Yahoo Club under Computers and Internet on the topic at
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/indiasithypevsreality.

Please join the club and contribute your suggestions; opr better still, we
would like IPI or Vamsi or some Infotech wizard to open up a dedicated site
for this purpose alone.   It will be "live" during the "warm body" panel
discussion on the 25th, otherwise it will be an ongoing forum dedicated
solely to discussing India's IT industry and technology in all aspects.'

Of course it should be linked to as many sister-sites as possible.

Do help.

Subroto Roy.