incentives to join public life

Dear Umesh, I would like you to give me ONLY that package of reforms which
will ensure that (a) you can enter politics, and (b) ensure that if you are
a corrupt minister, I will be able, as a citizen, to detect that and throw
you out. That is the acid test.

Bureaucratic corruption and all that the CVC does, I don't care for much,
at least as a major issue, since all my life I have seen it supported and
fanned by political corruption. And our system GENERATES political
corruption. So let us hit that first.

BTW, do read each and every word of

a) http://www.indiapolicy.org/clearinghouse/corruption_political.html and
related links (I am going to add some more based on further fresh
experiences in studying political leaders), and

b) Chapter 1 of the manifesto 2000.2

After that, please contradict the points already in the manifesto with your
arguments and alternative package.

This package should, as stated above, ensure that (a) you can enter
politics, and (b) ensure that if you are a corrupt minister, I will be
able, as a citizen, to detect that and throw you out. At that point we
should have a major debate, if necessary.

Please do not forget to mention how you will raise the LAKHS and even
CRORES required to run your compaign, and survive happily if you lose; how
you will feed the hundreds of visitors who come to your house as a Minister
daily, how you will fund the folks who come to you for donations for their
local causes -- temples, charity, sports meets, etc., and WHY you will give
up your existing job and whatever it pays for the sake of possibly being
shot and killed like two of our PMs and many ministers in the north-eastern
states of India. One minster was killed in Assam only a few days ago.

I believe that our corrupt politicians are doing India a fantastic service:
at least we are getting a semblance of democracy from them, instead of army
rule and dictatorships that abound in our neighbourhood. They have
repeatedly thrown the challenge to the 'good' to come forward and compete.
But the so-called good have always avoided this challenge. Something is
seriously wrong.

Let us see if "we" the so-called good people can throw a serious challenge
to the system. The citizens wish their MPs to serve their needs like
magicians for Rs. 4,500 per month!! My peons get more. And they want the
MPs to not take donations from anyone (ban corporate donations as you
said)!!!! Wow!! That's surely magical.

Sadly, magic does not work in real life.