wrong talk!

Charu,

At the VGSOM, IIT, Kharagpur, I spoke on a bunch of issues, apart from this
thing of transparency. This current talk (formal) was at Shillong last week.

My quick assessment: Your alma-mater is dying. The MBA students at VGSOM,
e.g., are good, but they are facing the consequences of the decadence of
West Bengal. While MBA schools across India are getting so many offers that
top ranking companies are going without getting any recruits, this one is
suffering from a shortage of offers.

IIT KGP may no longer be 'the best and brightest.' IIT Kharagpur degrees
are now devalued across the world in comparison with other IITs, and would
soon reach the level of a local degree college, if the rot is not arrested.

BTW (please don't spread this secret!) W.Bengal is the most amazing
society. If ever there was true de-industrialization in the world, that
must have been in W.Bengal. Marxists have achieved the remarkable wonder of
destroying the most sophisticated state of India. The entire state is
practically a pot-holed ruin now.

With brilliant folks like Subroto Roy residing in their state, they manage
this dismal performance by relying on some ancient dogma!