from Nikhil.

Nikhil sent in this: "This is one of the best mails I have ever received.
It makes me really proud to be an Indian. I request you to forward it to as
many people you can... here in India and all over the world. Let the world
know what we stand for."

There are 3.22 Million Indians in America.

38% of Doctors in America are Indians.

12% of Scientists in America are Indians.

36% of NASA employees are Indians.

34% of MICROSOFT employees are Indians

28% of IBM employees are Indians

17% of INTEL employees are Indians

13% of XEROX employees are Indians

(my personal favorite)...50% of Cardone employees are Indians

You may know some of these facts. These facts were recently published in  a
German Magazine, which deals with WORLD HISTORY FACTS ABOUT INDIA

India never invaded any country in her last 10000 years of history.

India invented the Number System. Aryabhatta invented zero.

 The World's first university was established in Takshila in 700BC. More
than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects.
The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century BC was one of the
greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.

Sanskrit is the mother of all the European languages. Sanskrit is the most
suitable language for computer software reported in Forbes magazine,  July
1987.

Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans. Charaka, the
father of medicine consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago. Today Ayurveda is
fast regaining its rightful place in our civilization.

Although modern images of India often show poverty and lack of development,
India was the richest country on earth until the time of British invasion
in the early 17th Century.

The art of Navigation was born in the river Sindh 6000 years ago.

The very word Navigation is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH. The
Word navy is also derived from Sanskrit 'Nou'.

Bhaskaracharya calculated the time taken by the earth to orbit the sun
hundreds of years before the astronomer Smart.; Time taken by earth to
orbit the sun: (5th century)365.258756484 days.

Budhayana first calculated the value of pi, and he explained the concept of
what is known as the Pythagorean Theorem. He discovered this in the   6th
century long before the European mathematicians

Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from India; Quadratic equations
were by Sridharacharya in the 11th century ; The largest numbers the Greeks
and the Romans used were 10 6(10 to the power of 6) whereas   Hindus used
numbers as big as 1053(10 to the power of 53) with specific names   as
Early as 5000 BCE during the Vedic period. Even today, the largest used
number is Tera 1012(10 to the power of 12).

According to the Gemological Institute of America, up until 1896,India was
the only source for diamonds to the world.

USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century-old suspicion in the
world scientific community that the pioneer of Wireless communication was
Prof. Jagdeesh Bose and not Marconi.

The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra.

According to Saka King Rudradaman I of 150 CE a beautiful lake called
Sudarshana' was constructed on the hills of Raivataka during Chandragupta
Maurya's time.

Chess (Shataranja or AshtaPada) was invented in India.

Sushruta is the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he and health scientists
of his time conducted complicated surgeries like cesareans, cataract,
artificial limbs, fractures,urinary stones and even plastic surgery and
brain surgery. Usage of anesthesia was well known in ancient India. Over
125 surgical equipment were used. Deep knowledge of anatomy,
physiology,etiology,embryology,digestion, metabolism, genetics and immunity
is also found in many texts.

When many cultures were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago,
Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley(Indus Valley
Civilization)

The place value system, the decimal system was developed in India in 100 BC.

 QUOTES ABOUT INDIA:

Albert Einstein said: We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to
count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.

Mark Twain said: India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of
human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the
great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most  structive
materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only.

French scholar Romain Rolland said: If there is one place on the face of
earth where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the very
earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India.

Hu Shih, former Ambassador of China to USA said: India conquered And
dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a
single soldier across her border.

All the above is just the TIP of the iceberg, the list could be endless.
BUT, if we don't see even a glimpse of that great India in the India

That we see today, it clearly means that we are not working up to our
Potential and that if we do, we could once again ; be an evershining and
Inspiring country setting a bright path for rest of the world to follow.

I  hope you enjoyed it and work towards the welfare of INDIA.