Without reservation you do not exist

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01BF83C5.503E0120

This appears to be the theme prevailing in the minds of all politicians =
in this country.If not have a look at the following:

Reservation or de-reservation

Rajendra Bharatiya

There is an ongoing talk about empowerment of women for last two years =
or so. A politically bright idea of providing 33% reservation for women =
in parliament and other elected bodies has been doing the rounds for =
quite some time now. I find it absurd as I shall subsequently establish =
so I made a mistake of sending an E-mail to CM of AP taking him to be a =
genuine doer and not merely a politician, explaining the deficiency =
present in the idea. Next thing I find is that the person is writing to =
the PM and talking to the PM that the bill must be presented and passed.

Well. None of you who subscribe to policy debate will have any time for =
the politicians but may I remind you humbly that these are the people =
who rule or more hurtingly preside over the affairs concerning you and =
me.

Coming to the original issue of 33% reservation. After 33% reservation =
is done for women, how it is going to be implemented? Who will decide =
that these are the seats reserved? Who will decide that how many of =
these are to be from already reserved for SC/ST? If none than what about =
women from this section of society who like their men counterpart will =
cease to exist if there were no reservations? The bill got derailed last =
time remember only on this very ground.

Now going further. Assuming that the bill gets passed. How it is going =
to be implemented? 33% is no problem. What about remaining 67%? Can =
anybody stop a woman contesting from a place not reserved? What happens =
to fundamental right to equality? You can prevent men contesting from =
33% of the seats but can you prevent women contesting from 67% of the =
seats? The legislation when it if it does come through, will not have a =
life of a day even.

Most perplexing, I must admit, is how these kind of trash gains =
acceptance of such wide manner.

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01BF83C5.503E0120

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This appears to be the theme prevailing =
in the=20
minds of all politicians in this country.If not have a look at the=20
following:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><B><FONT face=3DArial size=3D4>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Reservation or de-reservation</P></B></FONT><FONT size=3D2>
<P>Rajendra Bharatiya</P>
<P>There is an ongoing talk about empowerment of women for last two =
years or so.=20
A politically bright idea of providing 33% reservation for women in =
parliament=20
and other elected bodies has been doing the rounds for quite some time =
now. I=20
find it absurd as I shall subsequently establish so I made a mistake of =
sending=20
an E-mail to CM of AP taking him to be a genuine doer and not merely a=20
politician, explaining the deficiency present in the idea. Next thing I =
find is=20
that the person is writing to the PM and talking to the PM that the bill =
must be=20
presented and passed.</P>
<P>Well. None of you who subscribe to policy debate will have any time =
for the=20
politicians but may I remind you humbly that these are the people who =
rule or=20
more hurtingly preside over the affairs concerning you and me.</P>
<P>Coming to the original issue of 33% reservation. After 33% =
reservation is=20
done for women, how it is going to be implemented? Who will decide that =
these=20
are the seats reserved? Who will decide that how many of these are to be =
from=20
already reserved for SC/ST? If none than what about women from this =
section of=20
society who like their men counterpart will cease to exist if there were =
no=20
reservations? The bill got derailed last time remember only on this very =

ground.</P>
<P>Now going further. Assuming that the bill gets passed. How it is =
going to be=20
implemented? 33% is no problem. What about remaining 67%? Can anybody =
stop a=20
woman contesting from a place not reserved? What happens to fundamental =
right to=20
equality? You can prevent men contesting from 33% of the seats but can =
you=20
prevent women contesting from 67% of the seats? The legislation when it =
if it=20
does come through, will not have a life of a day even.</P>
<P>Most perplexing, I must admit, is how these kind of trash gains =
acceptance of=20
such wide manner.</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01BF83C5.503E0120--