Re: our National Anthem

In a message dated 6/17/00 11:28:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
indrajitbarua@philosophers.net writes:

<< Did you know tjhat the National anthem that we all sing with such patriotic
 fervour was actually written as a tribute to King George V? J.Nehru forced
 it down on the midnight's children without even the benefit of a debate in
 the Constituent Assembly!! >>

I have not so much problem with the choice of the National Anthem as with the
choice of the National Bird. An Ostrich would have been a more appropriate
symbol considering that most of the time we keep our heads buried in the sand
in a state of constant denial.