Re: Jobs in private institutions for dalits.

Charu datt <charuX@lucent.com> wrote:

> So long as some living members of society continue to
> suffer the effects of past exploitation, and others
> derive current benefits resulting from that past exploitation,
> in a civilised society it is right and just that society
> pay reparations to the former and  make structural
> changes to remove existing injustice and exploitation.

  Am very encouraged to see that such sensible and sensitive statements are
finding their way into this forum generally devoted to ahistorcal  and
apolitical assertions of what needs to be done 'to set things right'.
History and politics are not irritants or impediments to an understanding
of the current situation, the degrading poverty and gross injustices,  in
our country. We need to fully take them into consideration for any
understanding that can lead to meaningful resolutions.

Thank you,

Tejus

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
--0-1025202362-960435018=:24580

<P> </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Charu datt &lt;<A
href="http://us.f13.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=charuX@lucent.com&amp;YY=22
816&amp;order=down&amp;sort=date&amp;pos=0">charuX@lucent.com</A>&gt;
wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; So long as some living members of society
continue to<BR>&gt; suffer the effects of past exploitation, and
others<BR>&gt; derive current benefits resulting from that past
exploitation,<BR>&gt; in a civilised society it is right and just that
society<BR>&gt; pay reparations to the former and&nbsp; make
structural<BR>&gt; changes to remove existing injustice and
exploitation.<BR>&gt; <BR><BR>&nbsp; Am very encouraged to see that such
sensible and sensitive statements are finding their way into this forum
generally devoted to ahistorcal&nbsp; and apolitical assertions of what
needs to be done 'to set things right'. History and politics are not
irritants or impediments to an understanding of the current situation, the
degrading poverty and gross injustices,  in our country. We need to fully
take them into consideration for any understanding that can lead to
meaningful resolutions.</P>
<P>Thank you,</P>
<P>Tejus</P>
--0-1025202362-960435018=:24580--