Re: NIT

A slightly tangential question.  I had read about 10 - 12 ago that upto 70%
of the income tax collected in India was spent in running the IT department
itself.  I am not aware if the numbers have changed now, or even if they are
available someplace...  If this is true, paying IT is a waste.  Are any
statistics available which would compare the expenses of collecting IT vs.
the IT collected across countries.  This would give us some benchmarks of IT
dept. efficiency...

NIT is fine. How are you going to deal with massive tax evasion by
non-salaried class to begin with?. I am sure that Income tax paid by the
businesses are a fraction of what they should be paying.  Salaried class is
the victim here and that is partly a reason for corruption among the Govt.
employees

=====
Ah Love, could you and I conspire, To grasp this sorry state of things
entire,
To smash it all into a million bits, And mold it back to heart's desire.

Jab purdah nahi koi khudah seh, to bandhon se purdah kya.

Abhijeet A. Pradhan, 44J, Reading Rd, Edison, NJ 08817
Tel #: 732-452-1157      email: perdi420@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/perdi420/