Re: Jobs in private institutions for dalits.

The word 'dalit' has been adopted in English press to mean 'those people
whose ancestors were a lot deprived of very basics of human existence.I am
not a dreamer and I do not say that such a thing is not happening any
more.That will continue for as long as humanity does for the simple reason
that human beings with functioning brains have needs which do not
necessarily belong to mere existence.But the sad part is how long the
innocent generations will have to pay for the sins of the ancestors?From the
evidence available the answer appears to be FOREVER.
That is the reason that reservations for the SC/ST provided for a limited
period has been going on and it seems that it will turn into a fundamental
right as it were because even after becoming First citizen,
the person continues to claim that he is from a 'dalit' background.If he is
then how has he become the President?What oppression or crushing(the actual
meaning of the term dalit) had he undergone which lends him in a place where
exchequer has to spend Rs15 million per month on him?I am not saying that he
should disown or forget about his lineage.All I am saying is that he has no
claim to make on behalf of dalits rather he has a responsibilty in that
regard and that too for the entire population of the country.Any reference
by class is criminal breach of Consitutional obligation imposed on him.
And before my diatribe start appearing as tangential I would like to submit
that AS LIFE IS LIMITED SO SHOULD BE THE OBLIGATIONS OF A CIVILISED
SOCIETY.Any perpetuity in these as has been the case will only lead to a
doom which is nobody's aim.
Raju Bharatiya