Re: Fw: Completely misguided arguments on compulsory education: 2

    Mandatory education is a simple issue - I think.
    For a democracy to function, there are a certain vital things needed.
    One such criterion is education of the masses.  I believe this is an
innate right of all human beings.  Just like we have the right to free
speech, freedom to practice religion, or to march peacefully, we have a right
to quality education, and government needs to recognize this right and
provide us with education.
    As Immanuel Kant said, "Freedom is coerced".  Contradictary as it may
seem, philosophically speaking a free society is free not by choice, but by
coercion.  In our society we value free speech, I can say what I want, and
Mr. Dey can say what he wants and Sanjeev can say what he wants as along as
we don't threaten each other.  This practice of free speech without
restriction other than during endagerment of another is very much coerced.
We will incarcerate anyone who infringes on these inalieanable rights of all.

    Similarly right to quality education must be made mandatory and parents
need to be coerced to obey this right of their children.  I think we will not
stand by and watch infringement on our rights, and we shouldn't standby and
watch this right be infringed either.
    I think that parents should be incarcerated or someother serious penalty
needs to be placed for violating the rights of their children.  And for
furthermore restricting the practice of democracy which is only effective
when people are well education and free of ignorance, and able to effectively
communicate their views.
    So when we think of this issue it is simple.  We ought to have mandatory
education, no matter the cost, no matter how hard it is to enforce this.
    But I think given the time, it will be a easier tasks to get parents to
see our side, and I think mandatory education will work and make India
better.  If we simply make schools available but don't make it compulsary,
then not many parents will send their kids to school, and its not only wrong
but a waste of money.  So we need to force this.

- Naveen