Re: A call for a Social Revolution

I have objected in no uncertain tems to Naveenkj's
characterization of India as a terrorist state and I had asked
him to either substantiate his accusation or to retract his
statement with an apology. He had not done either. Instead he has
continued his confused rhetoric on IPI.

I believe that Naveenkj is a Pakistani mole. His view of what
India is is what Pakistanis are programmed to believe in. Such
as, that Indians call for the annihilation of Pakistan, that
Indians routinely destroy mosques, that India sponsors
cross-boarder terrorism.

My suspicion was further aroused when I received an email from
him in which he pointed out the intolerance of Hinduism and said
that my "quote" from the Gita proved that. If you recall, I had
"quoted" the following:

   "And when the holy months are over, slay the unbelievers
   whereever you may find them."    THE BHAGAVAT GITA

   "All paths to the Supreme Lord are valid"  THE HOLY KORAN

Any Indian, especially one claiming to be a Hindu, will
immediately see that the quotes are reversed. He did not.

I find it pointless to debate Indian policy with a Pakistani
pretending to be an Indian. (Note, for example, in his message hs
is unsure of which state the Babri masjid was in.) In the two
emails that he wrote to me, there are other pointers to his not
being  Indian at all.

I do believe that it is time for him to leave.

Atanu
>     I think Dey has wrongly interpreted what I said.  I wasn't talking
about
> any government action, but merely a change in the minds of people.  Before
> the law everyone is equal.  But before the eyes of the people not
everyone is
> equal.
> India is still in a bad shape, where people view Shudras as Shudras, and
> somehow they are untouchables.  I don't see very many marriages between the
> lowest castes in the Hindu religion and the highest castes.
>     People still haven't grasped the idea that we are all equal.  People
need
> to realize that we are equal, and that as John Locke said, we all start
as a
> clean slate and the environment shapes us into the person we are.
>     This is why we need to support preference programs for the poorest of
us.
>  I agree with you, that it shouldn't be based on castes, but rather it
should
> be based on economics.  A poor person doesn't have the same opportunities
as
> a rich person, and due to past discrimination the poorest amongst us are
the
> SC/ST.  But there are certainly people who are poor and belong to high
> castes, so a JUST government should provide more opportunities for the poor
> to succeed than the rich.  Thus throwing out the now biased system, but
> putting in a system that helps people, blind to castes, but recognizing
> inequities among rich and poor.
>     But that's what the government needs to do.  But we as people need to
> change our minds to respect everyone, regardless of Caste or Religion.  We
> need see everyone as our fellow Indians and as fellow human beings.  This
> holds true for women as well.  I will strongly defend my case, that women
in
> India are amongst the lowest employed in the world.  Many Indian men
consider
> women as sub-humans and give them second class citizenship status; once
again
> not by dejure but by defacto.
>     I will also defend my statement that India is not truly secular!  And
Dey