RE: KASHMIR

We missed the bus in 1971 when we failed to convert the LOC into an
international border, thanks to Mrs Indira Gandhi's belief in Z. Bhutto.
Let's face it: Pakistan has been in control of half of kashmir ever since
1947, and it is just no good parotting that all of kashmir is an
inalienable part of india. converting the loc into an international border
will be the only solution to get rid of this cancerous problem.

But first, two conditions will have to come about:

1.  there has to be a strong political govt. in india, one with a
substantial majority in both houses of parliament.

2. pakistan has to have a democratically elected government.

Once these conditions are on the ground, then the GOI should go on a
massive PR blitz to convince us that the best way out is to
internationalize the LOC. There should be no secret back door deals --
everthing taransparent & open.

Assaam & Punjab won't run away from India. The conditions in kashmir and in
these two states is completely different. The only common factor is that
the problems in all these border states stems from Mrs gandhi's wrong
policies of confrontation with the people in these states.

Indrajit Barua.

DAILY NEWS @ http://www.PhilosophyNews.com
FREE EMAIL @ http://www.Philosophers.net