RE: Completely misguided arguments on compulsory education

All this is conventional wisdom now. Compulsory education and commitment of
money to it is the proven vehicle for progress but if the 320 million middle
classes in India can progress without investing in the others and still
prosper 'why bother' seems to be the governments (and the opinion making
classes) subtext and we all seem to be in agreement.

http://www.indiapolicy.org/debate/