Re: Completely misguided arguments on compulsory education

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 12:44:45 EST

    I'm not sure about what you folks suggesting with mandatory education
leading to lesser population!?!  Hello!
    I think you guys were saying poor people have kids because they can send
them to work and make money??? That is not only an assumption, it a very
offensive one to all poor people in India.  People have kids. Period.
Teaching how to use contraception and free distribution of contraception
should be what I think should be done about reducing population.
    Now I do agree with you folks that mandatory education is good, not only
for the children, but also to improve the Indian literacy rate, and to allow
people to have an opportunity to be productive and successful members of
society.
    I think that mandatory education will also reduce the rate of child labor
and forced abusive child labor.
    SO those are the reasons why we need to have mandatory education, not
because it's a family planning procedure.  I think everyone has kids, even
the rich!!