RE: Kashmir: a different perspective

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 11:30:52 -0500

 Why can't any body think of an open border!
 Germany and France for example have fought for hundreds of years. Now  they
have are Carnivals (Festivals)
 commemorating the behaviour of French army .The mood is, to celebrate the
dawn of peace between the two parties.
 Now that history has changed, as part of it, they have open borders along
with other European countries.
 They still have cutural differences, differences in beleif systems,
different currencies till recently.

In our situation,  Neither Muslims can force their relegion on Hindus Nor
Hindus can do the same.
 To put a full stop for cross border terrorism, have an open border .
Restrict the rights of trade, Jobs, Real Estate to locals.
 Already we have such a thing for Kashmir I think, that any one from other
states can not buy land in Kashmir (article 370?!)
 Just  the same way, acquisition of land can be controlled but allow
movement of people . Also it has to be ensured to see that no new
 sporadic illegal semi permanant settlements grow. This apprehension can be
dealt with easily with half of the
 armed forces now already deployed there to ensure there is no growth of
illeagal real estate or settlements.
 Just provide free movement of traffic!
 Wait for a decade and see . Let no one even talk of making existing line of
control to permanant border or giving away a piece of it!
Such statements evoke emotions despite reality there,  being more worse for
even day to day life ! Hence no statements describing
what is LOC for now. Because we can expect immediate emotional reactions
from those  in Opposition which ever be the ruling party, and from public
Just for nothing.Rest of country doesnot bother how even day to day life is
becoming miserable there but will react emotionally to such definitions of
LOCs etc .
  In fact fearing such emotive reactions, no one in Govt is able to take a
bold decition !.
  If some one thinks this concept is absurd, it is equally absurd to do Bus
Diplomacy.

Parameswer.