RE: Completely misguided arguments on compulsory education

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 09:59:11 -0600 (CST)

Adopting the policy of compulsory education is unlikely to work for two
reasons: 1) it ignores economic realities of parents who prefer to have
their children work than attend school and 2) the near impossiblity of
consistently enforcing such a policy over extended periods of time.
Sustained Economic growth is the best nostrum for the population "problem"
and liberty is the first and foremost condition for acheiving it in the
long run.

Abhijit

Abhijit Sarkar
320 Wisconsin Ave. Apt #319