Re: Kashmir: a different perspective

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:23:56 -0600 (CST)

Ideally, we should let the Kashmiri people decide their own
fate. This is not only the moral thing to do but is also pragmatically
sound. Unfortunately, India is in a state where allowing Kashmiris this
freedom (which they will almost certainly use to part ways with us) would
lead to our disintegration. This will, surely, be a greater disaster
than our current pre-occupation with Kashmir and that too, by any measure
conceivable.
Abhijit

Abhijit Sarkar
320 Wisconsin Ave. Apt #319