Re: Completely misguided arguments on compulsory education

Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 10:02:32 +0530 (IST)

Sanjeev
Our experience in MVF has not been different.  We have put in about 100000
children into schools in ranga reddy District in andhra pradesh. Amongst
other things these helped
1. Villagers are willing to send their children to school AT a price which
will surprise most of us.
2. What they want is a credibile institution.. just like any of us
3. government should emphasise on primary education as a method of
empowerment.
4. School setting must be a very democratic process.  we have very
actively worked with Parent teachers Associationadn the children are tody
coming into schools in 500 villages because the need for education has
come from the parents Not the government
Please do come and see our work. You will find it very interesting.
Vikram