RE: Completely misguided arguments on compulsory education

Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:41:05 -0500

Compulsory Education is the only secular means in India to control
population:

Thailand statistics might me true but Just like family Planning, Drugs' ban,
and banning somany illegitimate things,
it could be appropriate for State to  constrain freedome of parents in not
sending to school and opting to extract work from them for daily bread.
Probably this may deter poor parents from producing more number of children
as they are now aware that kids can no more be sent for work to earn for
them, and the measure will work as a strong factor in motivating them for
family planning.

This is because with the complex religeous matrix we have, we can not adopt
a stringent Chinese sysrtem of taking punitive actions against
parents. Even that has it's own adverse  results in the form of secret
infanticides..

Most civilised, indirect control on population growth would be to make
education compulsory, hold parents liable.. etc.
This will be immune from any religeous sentiments because the law doesnot
prohibit producing more children which might be objectionable to some
relegions! But pressure of subsistance economy would force them to plan in a
scientific , secular way and do family planning all by  them selves!.This
compulsion would soon see more schools, and would also see absence of any
need for Govt Propaganda, or depending on agencies like Lions clubs to hit
District targets of Family Planning statistics .

Parameswer