Manipur madness - Rational Response

>Your assumption that I am Christian is wrong.

I apologise.  The name given in your email address misled me.

>Recognize that the recent killings in India are no different.  Are you
> >justifing the wrongs of killers who are hindu by refering to killers
>who
>were christian?  Clearly, both are wrong.

First, the killings in India have been traced to at least three
confirmed
sources, not including outright fraudulent claims:

1.  Deendaar Anjuman, a muslim terrorist group
2.  A nexus between christians themselves and pakistan's ISI
3.  normal criminal activity, co-opted by various interest groups for
propaganda value

Second, by equating the two killings, you unjustly equalize the scale,
scope, depth of brutality & depravity of christian killings with the
allegedly hindu ones.  This type of reasoning leads to the absurd
conclusion
that a criminal 'killing' is morally and ethically equivalent to a
police
action.

>Another question you need to ask your selves is why are so many
>minorities
>unhappy/scared?  Are the mulims, sikhs, christians, lower >classes,
ethnic
>minorities, all engaged in some coordinated action
>with a foreign power?  Or are there real issues that need to be
>addressed
>in a honest manner.

I strongly recommend that you read "Clash of civilizations..." by
Harvard
professor Samuel P. Huntington.  An astute political analyst, Dr.
Huntington
makes the compelling case that it is no longer regional economic/
political
alliances which determine global political alliances.  It is, in fact,
'civilizational' alliances which are the determinants, particularly
following the collapse of communism.

So, a muslim in India (or anywhere else) will identify much more closely

with a bosnian muslim than with an Indian christian neighbor. Why else
would
indian muslims put their lives at risk by fighting in bosnia? why would
dilip kumar travel the world collecting donations for bosnians muslims?
These same people would not even blink if a hindu child was massacred in

kashmir. Likewise, an indian roman catholic will identify with croatians
in
yugoslavia but not with an indian hindu driven out of the north east.

Clearly, this has all the appearance of foreign powers controlling
minorities in India but these are just the facts of life in the 21st
century
and I make no judgements on whether it is morally correct or not.

Sanjay Garg