Re: Manipur madness - Rational Response

Your assumption that I am Christian is wrong.  I agree
with you that Christian have been the cause of a lot
of atrocities.  Indeed it is one of the reasons that I
dislike the religion and have developed an aversion to
ALL fundamentalists.  Recognize that the recent
killings in India are no different.  Are you justifing
the wrongs of killers who are hindu by refering to
killers who were christian?  Clearly, both are wrong.
Bottom line is should people (and leaders) of good
concience stand around while such killings continue?
More important than the moral question is the impact
on our national character.

Another question you need to ask your selves is why
are so many minorities unhappy/scared?  Are the
mulims, sikhs, christians, lower classes, ethnic
minorities, all engaged in some coordinated action
with a foreign power?  Or are there real issues that
need to be addressed in a honest manner.

Anil

--- Sam Garg <gargsam@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Please help make the Manifesto better, or accept it,
> and propagate it!

> Shri Comelo,
>
> This self righteous, rambling and threatening
> response is more suited to a
> school yard bully than a rational person.  Before
> you get on your high horse
> about others, I suggest you do a little
> housecleaning of your own.
>
> There was no Hindutva person in sight when
> christians were wiping out entire
> populations in North, Central and Meso America;
> there was no Hindutva person
> in sight when christians were roasting alive
> millions of witches in Europe;
> there were no Hindutva persons in sight during the
> inquisition when millions
> of live human beings were forcibly separated from
> their own body parts;
> there was no Hindutva person in sight when slavery
> and apartheid was both
> practiced and sanctioned by christians; there was no
> Hindutva person in
> sight when christians participated enthusiatically
> in the ethnic cleansing
> of jews during WWII; there were no Hindutva persons
> in sight when the
> Portuguese were barbequeing, deep frying and eye
> gouging Saraswat Brahmins
> and other hindus in Goa.
>
> You mentioned the Roman Empire but neglected to
> mention that the Roman
> Empire lasted over 700 years but it fell, and Rome
> was sacked in 500 A.D.,
> within 15 years of christianity becoming the
> official state religion of the
> empire.  This was followed by a 1000 years of the
> dark ages in Europe which
> ended only with Reformation and the wholesale
> repudiation of the prevalent
> religion.
>
> >I will not only lobby the US congress on the issue
>
> Be my guest.  The US has its own atrocities on
> natives and slaves to live
> down.  It is in no position to lecture others on
> morality.
>
> >I will be willing to financially support Christian
> defense groups
>
> Why wait?  there is a whole slew of christian
> 'defense' groups in the
> northeast being financed from overseas.  I'm sure
> they will be happy to use
> your money to kill more innocent women and children.
>

> Sanjay Garg
>

> >From: Neil Comelo <nwat12@yahoo.com>
> >To: debate@indiapolicy.org
> >Subject: Manipur madness - Rational Response
> >Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 08:21:56 -0800 (PST)

> >Please help make the Manifesto better, or accept
> it, and propagate it!

> >Mr Narayanan,
> >
> >I am astounded that you and other Indian
> rightwingers
> >do not anticipate such reaction.  It is the the
> fruits
> >of the immoral behavior and attitude towards
> minority
> >groups.  Treating minorities as if we are lesser
> >Indians generates over time a separate identity and
> [...]
=== message truncated ===