Re: RSS and its antics

On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Krishnan Kandasamy wrote:
 ...RSS or other have no business to tell us how we should live our lives
 that is all.

The act of "telling" actually flows from the act of listening or reacting.
^av(3ji%m!  j0@kh7e  ikr.  You wouldn't know what I just said, because
either by circumstance or choice you don't heed/understand it. Silly,
common sense ? Quite so. So why not actually apply it, and apply it for
the likes of the RSS, the Christians, the abc, and the xyz. I repeat: IPI
gives the freedom to say whatever thoughts one has, and so to India does
to all its members. The correct, and if I may, the only means to reconcile
differences in worldview and opinion is through persuasion. Rhetoric and
Listservs don't make a silly dent in the affairs. We ought to be thinking
on the opportunities where the persuasion will be 'unleashed'. When the
dog is unleashed one also takes the responsibility to go where it goes.
Similarly the persuasion is two-way, whether between me-RSS, RSS-nonRSS,
India-US or whatever. It's easy to lose sight or these "obvious" things.
Hence my persuasion here.

Thanks.
Padmanabha Rao