Remarks Attributed to Film Star?

It's interesting to see that the star of the hit movie, Mission Kashmir, has
somehow been attributed as making remarks against Nepal! How has this come
about? He himself denies it, and no proof has been provided of these
remarks. Who has somehow attributed the remarks to him? I wonder who might
have an interest in putting such words in the actor's mouth...

Times of India

Hrithik denies anti-Nepal comments

NEW DELHI: Even as Nepal continues to simmer, Hrithik Roshan has denied
making any adverse comments against Nepal. The actor clarified that he had
never commented in any television interview that Nepal and Nepalese were the
country and the people he hated the most.

"I have never given a TV interview to any channel, stating that I dislike
Nepal and its people," Roshan said in Mumbai. "The fact is that I love Nepal
as I love India and have tremendous respect for the Nepalese people,"
Hrithik said.

The police shot and killed two protesters in Kathmandu, as thousands of
left-wing students Tuesday clashed with police, blocked traffic and
ransacked a movie theater to protest Hrithik's remark against Nepal. Four
policemen were seriously injured in stone throwing by the students.

Policemen first fired in the air to avert arson by a mob at a theater
screening Mission Kashmir starring Hrithik. But they shot dead two students
after they were attacked with stones.

Nearly 5,000 students from at least half a dozen colleges in Kathmandu took
out protests in colleges and poured into the streets, blocking traffic for
at least two hours.

Indian film stars are very popular in Nepal where most theaters show Hindi
language movies. At the Gopi Krishna movie theater in the Nepalese capital
that is screening Mission Kashmir, protesters ransacked the theater, burnt
the posters and film rolls. The street leading to the theater was blocked by
the police.(AP)