Re: Grameen Bank Query

Amit,

Grameen has some sister organizations in India. Here is the link:
http://www.grameenfoundation.org/newsletter/fall00/index.shtml

I also found this Interview with Dr. Younus very interesting, especialy his
views on the role of goverment.  He says "Governments should not do such
programmes because they create bureaucracies, which become self- serving and
defeat the purpose for which they are created. The best way is to create
market entities that are doing things in a self-sustaining way."

Here is the link to the rest of the interview:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/nonfram/211199/detECO01.htm

Also there is a very well known org in India called SEWA - www.sewa.org that
has been active since the 1970's.

Raju