Re: Uniform civil code

MV
As for the need for a Uniform Civil Code, the BJP has been calling for this
for years, however it was always  accused of being anti-Muslim by the so
called champions of secularism.  The last time Vajpayee initiated a debate
on this in Parliament, Muslim leaders said that Muslim Personal Law “is a
Divine law and that this House does not have the authority to debate it”.
This is the only community that is rejecting the proposal for a Uniform
Civil Code.  Don’t label all communities with the same brush.