Re: Uniform civil code

> Yes, india is not as secular as i want her to be. We have to decide a
> Uniform civil code either -
>

>  on a consensus kind of model. ( monogamy, divorce proceedings, child
> rights, banning of homosexuality, abortion terms definition, etc )
>
> or a libertarian model - anything consensual goes. deifne your own
> contract of marriage and be happy.
>
> personally i would prefer the 2'nd model, but i have a feeling that
> india will be better served by the first.
>
> regards
> prakash

I very much agree, if we want to build India as a prosperous
nation we need a uniform civil code. A civil code which is
uniformly applicable to all citizens of India irrespective
religious affiliations, then only poeople will feel they are
equal and has the same *rights and responsibilites*. Only a
uniform civil code will integrate india further and lead
the way to *collective prosperity*.

All our religions has not reviewed/revised the civil
code to be in tune with the evolution of the society.
Many of the laws of the civil code that were very much
*practical* or necessary few centuries back are no more
practical.  None of the religions provides for *peaceful
co-existence* of people belonging to different religious
affiliations. Fact is religious leaders who formulated
the civil code centuries ago could never anticipate the
evolution and socio-political co-existence.

Today socio-political co-existence of people of various
religious affiliations is a *reality* in India. Various
religious leaders in India should understand and *accept
this reality* and enter into a dialogue and evolve a
uniform civil code which is very much necessary for the
prosperity of all people of India.

If the leaders of existing religions doesn't rise up
to the reality, a new religion will evolve that will
fulfil the aspirations of the people of India.

MV.