Re: For Sam Garg

Dear Mr Ramachandran,

>For the list of 'corrective actions' that you mentioned, virtually all >the
>issues have had direct present-day implications. In each of those >cases it
>could be argued that those 'corrective actions' were more for >continuing
>grievances and injury, rather than a specific act that >occurred
>decades/centuries ago.

Actually, the vast majority of cases fall in exactly the categories you seek
to deny.  For example, the Japanese apologising to the Koreans  pertained to
Japan's brutal occupation of Korea which was a one time event - it has no
present day implications.

>My point is this: If you are to work from a philosophy, and not simply >a
>one-time, feed-my-ego episode, then trying to believe in a theory of
>'corrective history' is quite insane

What is more insane - denial of justice as you propose or linking justice to
actions?  In your 'sane' worldview, all those that seek justice are merely
'feeding their egos'!

What is more insane - your prescription that justice is timebound and
capricious?  or that justice means that a criminal cannot escape by citing
passage of time?

Sanjay Garg