Romila Thapar

>Romila Thapar has an excellent article up on the internet about the >issue
>of destruction of religious structures. It wasn't simply the >Moghuls who
>did it, but several other communities, since it symbolised >conquest and
>the acquisition of power.

Actually, Thapar has been conclusively refuted and thoroughly discredited by
Elst's research. To my knowledge, Thapar has, in turn, not responded to
Elst.

>All those actions are from a bygone era, where politics was >considerably
>different. Its ridiculous to ask their 28th descendant to >apologise for
>it.

This kind of flawed thinking is music to a criminal's ears!  FYI, it is now
well accepted that a nation, community, corporation as unique 'timeless'
entities cannot plead passage of time to escape past wrongdoing.  The reason
is that these entities continue to enjoy the fruits of the ill gotten gains
of their predecessors well past the demise of the inital perpetrators.

Sanjay Garg